Death by Dinner: Woman Dies After Eating This On Husband’s Birthday

Death by Dinner: Woman Dies After Eating This On Husband’s Birthday

Do you eat fringe foods like oysters, blowfish, raw or undercooked items that could cause a foodborne illness?

Coming Soon
Total Votes : 28

Scroll down to see how people across America voted.

Who knew that dining out at an upscale restaurant could lead to a tragic end.

According to People Magazine, one woman died and 23 others became ill after eating at a Michelin-starred restaurant in Spain. I guess fancy dining has its risks.

Maria Jesus Fernandez Calvo, 46, went out for a nice meal to celebrate her husband’s birthday. She ordered the rice and morchella fungi dish at the RiFF restaurant in Valencia, according to The Telegraph.

The poor lady apparently experienced vomiting and diarrhea and ended up passing away the next day in her home. Per People Magazine, the morchella mushroom, a French delicacy, must be cooked properly because it contains toxins – Yikes! However, regional health chief Ana Barceló did not confirm whether the mushroom is to blame; she is waiting on autopsy results.

How is the “Michelin-starred” restaurant responding to the incident? According to People Magazine, Bernd H. Knoller, who’s the owner and head chef, shared in a statement, “Regardless of the reason that may have caused this situation, I want to convey my deep regret for what happened, hoping that soon all these facts can be clarified.”

I think I just lost my appetite.

Get the full bite on People here.


Here’s how people on the Zip app are weighing in on this all over the country!

Do you eat fringe foods like oysters, blowfish, raw or undercooked items that could cause a foodborne illness?

Totals
23% Yummy
77% Not in my diet
Males
26% Yummy
74% Not in my diet
Females
18% Yummy
82% Not in my diet

Yummy

Not in my diet


Download the Anonymous App Now!

Open the Zip App
Download on the App Store
Android App on Google Play
Microsoft Download Center