Does Cohen’s Guilty Plea Make President Trump Look Guilty?

President Trump’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to illegal campaign contributions “in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office.” Does this make Donald Trump look guilty? Scroll down to find out what people think.

President Trump’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to illegal campaign contributions “in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office.” Does this make Donald Trump look guilty? Scroll down to find out what people think.

While Trump and Cohen previously had a close relationship, this changed when Cohen “released an audio recording of him and then-candidate Trump discussing what Cohen’s lawyer has said is a payoff deal for Karen McDougal,” ABC News.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders insisted that President Trump has done “nothing wrong.” Sanders explained that the question of Trump lying to the American people about payments is a “ridiculous accusation.”

Although the President admits to knowing about the payments “later on,” he stated that they did not come out of the campaign funds, but from his personal finances. “They don’t amount to campaign finance violations,” ABC News.

After Cohen’s homes and office were raided by the FBI, Trump anticipated that Cohen would remain loyal to him, but shortly after the raid Cohen stated that Trump “had advance knowledge of a 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian promising dirt on Hillary Clinton” ABC News.

“My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will. I put family and country first,” Cohen told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos.

Do you think Cohen’s guilty plea makes President Trump guilty by association in the court of public opinion? Only 14% of people think he’s tarnished, while the other 86% believe he’s squeaky clean. Read more about this story on ABC News here.


Here’s how people on the Zip app are weighing in on this all over the country!

Does Cohen’s guilty plea make President Trump guilty by association in the court of public opinion?

Totals
14% Yup- he's tarnished...
86% No- squeaky clean...
Males
14% Yup- he's tarnished...
86% No- squeaky clean...
Females
14% Yup- he's tarnished...
86% No- squeaky clean...

Yup- he’s tarnished

No- squeaky clean


Don’t be a bystander, be a participant

Click here to download the Zip app now and you can vote on all the trending news articles seen on this website. The Zip app is 100% anonymous, ad and commercial free, and free to download. Plus, you can ask questions of your own on things that matter to you.

Open the Zip App
Download on the App Store
Android App on Google Play
Microsoft Download Center