Mariah Carey Cashes in By Selling Engagement Ring

Mariah Carey Cashes in By Selling Engagement Ring

If someone gives you an engagement ring, are you forced to give it back if things don’t work out? After all, doesn’t a proposal make the ring yours, since it is a gift? Well, Mariah Carey certainly thinks so. After her and her ex-fiancé, James Packer split in 2016, the couple agreed that Carey would keep the massive 35-carat engagement ring he gave her. In addition, she received $5 – $10 million dollars. That is one generous ex.

Carey has reportedly sold the ring via a business manager for a rumored $2.1 million to an L.A. jeweler. Carey previously said that the ring was “so heavy I can’t lift my arm up.” Like many of us who get rid of things belonging to our former exes, Carey shows she is no different.

Don’t feel bad for Packer, though. We are sure the money loss is nothing compared to his estimated $4.1 billion fortune. Carey reportedly asked for $50 million after their split, in return for moving to L.A. to be with him.

Where do you stand? Would you sell your engagement ring from an ex? 65% of people would and say yes, make that money! On the other hand, 35% of people think this is petty. Read the full story on E! News here.


Here’s how people on the Zip app are weighing in on this all over the country!

Apparently, Mariah Carey sold her engagement ring from James Packer for $2.1 million. Would you sell an engagement ring from an ex?

Zip users in 135 cities and 37 states weighed in on this question.

The ‘Dress Superstition’ is One Tradition That Shall Not Be Broken


Don’t be a bystander, be a participant

Click here to download the Zip app now and you can vote on all the trending news articles seen on this website. The Zip app is 100% anonymous, ad and commercial free, and free to download. Plus, you can ask questions of your own on things that matter to you.

Open the Zip App
Download on the App Store
Android App on Google Play
Microsoft Download Center