The Judge and Jury of Social Media is Watching

The Judge and Jury of Social Media is Watching

Mexicans are widely known, to know how to throw a party, or shall we say a fiesta! That is why, they took protesting to a whole new level when more than 100 people gathered on West 60th Street near 10th Avenue.  The protest was against a Midtown lawyer who was caught on camera hurling insults at Spanish speaking workers. In the viral video circulating, Aaron Schlossberg threatens to call immigration officers for speaking Spanish. “Every person I listen to — he spoke [Spanish], he spoke it, she’s speaking it — it’s America!” he shouted.

He goes on to insinuate that they must not be documented due to them speaking in Spanish.  “My guess is they’re not documented, so my next call is to ICE to have each one of them kicked out of my country,” he raged. “If they have the balls to come here and live off of my money — I pay for their welfare, I pay for their ability to be here — the least they can do is speak English.”

We’re not sure where Schlossberg has been hiding this whole time, because New York City is a multilingual city where many different languages are spoken. Many were outraged by his actions and joined in on the protest that was held outside of his home, as a way of clapping back. A mariachi band victoriously played, while many waved signs, ate tacos and chanted,” “Ole, Ole! Throw him out!”

According to the New York Post, social justice group Millennials for Revolution raised $1,094 on a GoFundMe page to provide the band and tacos for the protest, a member of the group said. In addition, an Upper East Side Asian Steakhouse, Jade Sizty, donated duck and plum sauce tacos.

While Schlossberg offended and outraged people, he is entitled to his own opinion as many of us are. However, would protesting outside of someone’s home due to something they said in a video circulating on social media be going too far? It can be construed as invading someone’s privacy, but since he is a lawyer, maybe that is where the shock value comes in to play. Many people express their views and beliefs on social media every day and they don’t always align with others, so does this scare you? 79% of people say yes, it does as many are rapid to show you no mercy for your actions on social media. On the other hand, 21% of people think the judgments are usually right. Ready the full story on the New York Post here.


Here’s how people on the Zip app are weighing in on this all over the country!

Does the judge & jury of social media scare you? A racist lawyer in NYC has protestors and mariachi bands blasting outside of his home after he threatened Spanish speaking restaurant workers.

Zip users in 93 cities and 32 states weighed in on this question.

The ‘Dress Superstition’ is One Tradition That Shall Not Be Broken


Don’t be a bystander, be a participant

Click here to download the Zip app now and you can vote on all the trending news articles seen on this website. The Zip app is 100% anonymous, ad and commercial free, and free to download. Plus, you can ask questions of your own on things that matter to you.

Open the Zip App
Download on the App Store
Android App on Google Play
Microsoft Download Center