Native American Woman wins Idaho Democratic Primary

Native American Woman wins Idaho Democratic Primary

Paulette Jordan, member of a Coeur d’Alene tribe, has won the Democratic nomination for governor of Idaho. State senator and a progressive favorite in the race, Jordan, 38, beat Democratic opponent by about 20 percentage points.

Back in 2014, businessman A.J. Balukoff, ran as a pro-business candidate for governor but was unsuccessful. He was committed to Mitt Romney’s 2008 and 2012 campaigns and other business interests, unlike Jordan, who emphasizes populist issues.

Winning the election would make Paulette Jordan the country’s first ever governor from a Native American tribe. According to Mic, her next challenge is in a “deeply conservative state,” which voted for Trump in 2016. However, progressive activists are working to help increase Democratic turnout and in result, this could raise Jordan’s chances.

Democrat, Paulette Jordan, has what it takes to make history as governor. What are the chances that Idaho will elect its first ever Native American woman as governor? 69% of us think her chances are really good, while 31% believe we are not ready for her. Read more about this story on Mic here.


Here’s how people on the Zip app are weighing in on this all over the country!

What are the chances that Idaho will elect its first ever native American woman as governor?

Zip users in 67 cities and 28 states weighed in on this question.

The ‘Dress Superstition’ is One Tradition That Shall Not Be Broken


Don’t be a bystander, be a participant

Click here to download the Zip app now and you can vote on all the trending news articles seen on this website. The Zip app is 100% anonymous, ad and commercial free, and free to download. Plus, you can ask questions of your own on things that matter to you.

Open the Zip App
Download on the App Store
Android App on Google Play
Microsoft Download Center