US Detainees Freed in a Suspicious Act by Kim Jong Un

US Detainees Freed in a Suspicious Act by Kim Jong Un

Is President Trump bringing peace between the US and North Korea? Washington and Pyongyang were known to be talking about a possible repatriation for US detainees in North Korea and according to South Korean news agency Yonhap, the detainees were relocated to a hotel near Pyongyang. According to The New York Post, the “trio,” as the white house has referred to them as, will be released during or prior to Kim Jong Un’s meeting with President Trump.

“We believe that Mr. Trump can take them back on the day of the US-North Korea summit or he can send an envoy to take them back to the US before the summit,”Choi Sung-ryong, a South Korean activist told the Financial times.

The three detainees are US citizens and were freed from a labor camp and given health care and ideological indoctrination in Pyongyang, according to The Financial Times. Kim Dung-chul, KimSang-duk and Kim Hak-son, the detainees, have been accused of espionage or “hostile acts,” according to the New York Post.

The releases have not been confirmed by the State Department, but the Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo has reported to have pressed Kim about the detainees when they met last month around Easter. Read more about this story from The New York Post here.

President Trump has said that meeting with Kim Jong Un went smoothly and “a good relationship was formed” between them. Previously, the two had made threats and now appear to be forming a relationship. Has Kim’s new “relationship” with Trump made him soft? Are you suspicious of Kim Jong Un’s sudden change of heart? 59% of us find Kim suspicious and way too amiable. On the other hand, 41% of us don’t really find it suspicious and think he was just a talker this whole time.


Here’s how people on the Zip app are weighing in on this all over the country!

Three North Korean detainees have been released from labor camps as a stipulation for the US-North Korean summit. Are you suspicious by Kim Jong Un’s sudden change of heart?

Totals
59% For sure, way too amiable
41% Not really, he was a talker
Males
62% For sure, way too amiable
38% Not really, he was a talker
Females
51% For sure, way too amiable
49% Not really, he was a talker

Zip users in 121 cities and 34 states weighed in on this question.

US Detainees Freed in a Suspicious Act by Kim Jong Un


Don’t be a bystander, be a participant

Click here to download the Zip app now and you can vote on all the trending news articles seen on this website. The Zip app is 100% anonymous, ad and commercial free, and free to download. Plus, you can ask questions of your own on things that matter to you.

Open the Zip App
Download on the App Store
Android App on Google Play
Microsoft Download Center